Monday, October 3, 2011

Good Evening,

ATF NFA Handbook Cover
I was recently asked on the Virginia Gun Trader to electronically sign a petition to increase the number of workers processing applications for National Firearms Act (NFA) weapons.  This would obviously reduce the wait time (currently 6-8 months) for the processing of these applications.  If you want to sign this petition there is a "Petition" box on the left column of this website with the link to the site.

This got me to thinking that people may not know all the exact rules for NFA weapons.  I know I had to read them to understand them after moving from California to Virginia.

The most common questions I have seen are:
1. What constitutes an NFA weapon?
2. What is the cost to own an NFA weapon?
3. Does the NFA tax decrease after initial purchase?

Rather than bore you with my explanation, or my opinion, the link at the end of this post will take you directly to the ATF's NFA Handbook. It is a downloadable PDF document that is very well laid out.  Although some of the pictures are slightly old-school.  But who doesn't like seeing old-school weapons pictures, right?


Here's the link:

No comments:

Post a Comment