Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Good afternoon everyone!

While thinking of what to use for a topic today I was kindly welcomed at my door with a few packages from UPS.  I order quite a bit of stuff online so it is always a surprise as to what I receive on which day.  But today....IT WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS!!!  So I have written a few things about the new items and added some pictures of them all installed on their respective weapons.

I received three items I had ordered for the rebuild of my M91/30 Mosin Nagant.  Here is what I received:

     - ATI Products Synthetic Monte Carlo replacement stock
     - Mosin Nagant weaver rail sight replacement
     - RedHead Epic 3-9x40mm scope

And that was just the first box!!!  Finally I can take apart and rebuild my Mosin.  For those who wonder why, I am just doing it merely for personal enjoyment.  I will be refinishing the Mosin original wood stock to give it a more polished look.  Maybe someday I will post the step by step of this rebuild.  There are a few things from this rebuild that I would like to share.

1.) The ATI Monte Carlo replacement stock is very well built and very solid.  The only complaints I have are that the cheek weld is a bit pointed.  And for left-handed shooters, it is on the wrong side.  Second complaint is that there is quite a bit of work and grinding needed to allow the barrel assembly, and internal magazine assembly to fit correctly.
2.) The Mosin Nagant weaver rail sight replacement I got was a real pain.  It did not fit as it should have.  I had to get out the Dremel and grind it down to make it fit.  I will research getting a different one in the very near future.

3.) The Red Head scope is awesome.  I will be range testing it along with the bipod in my other review this weekend.  I will post something on how it turned out.

So, after the enjoyment of the first box, the second box had some more goodies I have been waiting for approximated 2 weeks.  Inside was a NC Star quick release 1" scope mount, and a Nikon M-223 Precision AR Optic.

- The NC Star quick release mount seems very solid and was extremely easy to install.
 
- The Nikon M-223 scope is engineered for the 55 grain, .223 Remington/5.56 cartridge.  It features 4 inches of eye relief and boosts light transmission to a theoretical 95%.
Once again this will be tested on Friday at the range with all the other toys.  A        further review will follow.

**** Disclaimer: "Bambi was not harmed during the making of this article!" ****

No comments:

Post a Comment