Friday, October 7, 2011

UTG Tactical Bipod **Range Test**

Good news!!  Range test went well and the review of the UTG Tactical Bipod can now be completed!

I went today and set up a 25 yard range at my cousins farm to test a few new items.  The main item I went to test was the UTG Tactical Bipod that was reviewed a few days ago.  (UTG Bipod Review)  The initial review for this product was great.  I felt that it was solidly built, well packaged, and very easy to install.  As for the range test here are my findings:


  • The UTG Tactical Bipod was very sturdy and performed well on multiple rifle caliber's.
  • I utilized it first on my rebuilt Mosin Nagant with ATI Synthetic stock and RedHead Scope.  It worked very well and every shot was within an 1" circle on center target once the new scope was sighted in.  (Grade A+)
  • Secondly I attached it to the rail on my AR-15 to sight in the Nikon M-223 scope and to test the bipod.  I performed the sight-in and then performed two, 10 round volleys of shots into two separate targets.  They were all within around a 1/2" circle with one errant shot left (operator error)
This UTG Tactical Bipod performed very well on two fairly high caliber rifle's.  I know I didn't shoot 100+ rounds, and it was only 25 yards, but it withstood the dirt, sticks, debris and all shots without any failure or issue.  If any issues arise I will be sure to follow up with an update.  I will say that for $30, you cannot beat the quality and build of this bipod for two of my favorite rifles.  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great review on the bipod Tom!!! I am looking at one for my grandson and I think I just found it.

    Well built, sturdy and best of all affordable!!!

    ReplyDelete